Friday, June 18, 2010

Doc appt today

Dealing with more shortness of breath took me to another doc appt. I lost more weight! Yea! Here it's 19 lbs. At my GP doc I was 294 in May. Today I weighed 270. My doc was so happy for me. I told him, yea, well, you also said that if I lost weight my back and hip pain would go away. He said,' yes, I did, but I think maybe it's going to mean more weight',and he kinda chuckled.
If I hadn't been on the exam table, shirt up ,his hands on my tummy,I might have choked him with his stethoscope, but I was nice.
My B/p is running low. Lower than it should. When I stand up it drops even more and makes me very dizzy. This is all from the weight loss,too. I have always ran low.
I see a cardiologist June 30th. Ok, no problem. But you're not going to stop me.
I got 10,000 steps in today! Oh yea!! And that was without actualy walks. I took it easy and just did casual shopping and walking around the yard. (The 'back 40' as I call it)
Jay was in Richmond,In for 2 days. He's home now. He goes to St.Louis next week then on to Chicago. He'll be gone for 4 days in other words. It's ok though. I'm doing better except for the shortness of breath.
I have the best neighbors and I know I can call on them if I need them. (Thank you all!)
Tonight, I'm taking my Ambien. I didn't last night. I worried about the leg cramps I have. (My worked out muscles cry out for the blood it needs and my poor circulation leg doesn't want to give it up.. hence.. cramp. Nothing really helps this but quinine. )
I also worried about the shortness of breath.
But as Dr. W told me today, 'sleep Ruthie, you got to get some sleep'. Ok,Doc, I hate to admit it, but you are right. Ruthie is going to take her Ambien, along with my pain med and sleep.
Oh, I have asymmetrical mandible. All due to my previous brain surgery and this most recent one. With my brain surgery in 2001, my left jaw had to be dislocated , and muscle cut, then reattached. I have problems at times with my right jaw wanting to dislocate. I've always been able to stop it just in time and with very little pain.
However, since my current surgery, my right jaw in the temporal area is very painful. Yawning is awful! Smiling sometimes terrible. Laying on it, etc.
This is what happened... With anesthesia.. To entubate, they tilt your head back, jutting your jaw out, then open your mouth,wide. More than likly when they did this, unbeknownst to them, they dislocated my right side of my jaw. OUCH is right!
TMJ will now probally follow me forever. Ok, well.. Life goes on. I'll deal with it.
I'll take this all, one day at a time,Sweet Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment